The information we collect and how we use it
We collect personal information from you, and any devices you use (including mobile devices) whenever you: use our services, sign up for our newsletter, register an account with us, provide information on a web form, update or add information to your account, submit a product review, post articles in our community section, and when you correspond or interact with us.
We collect this information either because it is necessary in the performance of a contract with you, or in our legitimate interests to do so, or to meet our legal obligations. The table below details the data we collect and what it is used for.
Information we collect
1. Identifying information such as your name, addresses, email addresses and phone number.
– So that we can fulfil your orders and deliver purchases to you.
– So that we can send you service messages such as order updates.
– To send you information about new products and promotions, which is in our legitimate interests to do so to improve our offering to you and to grow our business. You can opt out of receiving our marketing messages. See the Marketing Messages section below.
– So that you can make full use of site features like the Wish List, viewing and managing your orders.
– So that we can provide you with assistance.
– To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
2. Your payment method (note that we do not store or process your card details). All payments are processed by third party payment processors such as Stripe or PayPal. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser, and securely transfer this data to our third party payment provider to process a payment.
– Take payment, and give refunds (or in the case of Sellers, to pay you)
– To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us.
3. Your contact history with us. What you have said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
– Provide customer service and support
– To train our staff, so that when you do contact us you get the best possible service.
4. Purchase history and saved items (Wish List). What you have bought and what you have stored in your basket for another time.
– So that you can buy items from our site.
– we can fulfil your orders more effectively.
– to provide customer service and support.
– to find out what you like and help improve our service to you.
5. Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website. Information we collect when you browse our site include your IP address and device type, the browser you are using, and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
– Improve our website and give you the best possible experience.
– To prevent and detect fraud against either you or coconutgoldonline.
You do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is essential in order do that. We do share your data with the following categories of companies, as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies. Each only receives the data they need to provide the relevant service, and strictly only for that purpose.
Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, marketing system providers, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
These are some other circumstances where we may need to share some of your data with others:
If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network, we shall do so.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers for purposes including testing, research or analytics. Before we do so, we will make sure that that the information passed does not personally identify you.
We shall not share your details with third parties for any other purpose.
If you have ordered from us, we will send you marketing messages by email (and occasionally by post) to share with you offers and information on products. We see this a service to help you see and find new products in a digestible format, rather than spending time browsing the site.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent to that.
We engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we may target coconutgoldonline and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of coconutgoldonline or on coconutgoldonline banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
Access, correction and deletion of your personal information
The following are your rights relating to your personal information and how to exercise them.
a) The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
b) The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
c) The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
d) The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
e) The right to stop direct marketing messages.
f) The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
How to exercise them
b) CONTACT US to remove your data.
c) CONTACT US with your request and we will provide you with the data we hold on you.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please CONTACT US
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information, or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you with all, or indeed any, of the services and customer support offered to our users and authorised under this Privacy Notice and our Terms & Conditions.
Protecting your information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our sellers and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at coconutgoldonline, you are agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here: